1. 250 grms fresh Green Chana
2. 1 Onion Chopped fine
3. 4 garlic cloves chopped fine
4. 1/2 inch ginger grated
5. 1 Tomato cut into small pieces
6. 1 Potato peeled and cubed
7. 1 tsp Coriander powder
8. 1 tsp red chili powder
9. 1 tsp turmeric powder
10. Hing and cumin seeds for seasoning
11. salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a Pressure Cooker add the hing and cumin seeds, then add chopped garlic and onions and sauté till onions become pink.
2. Add grated ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Now add in all powders and mix well.
4. Add the tomatoes and sauté till soft.
5. Add the Green Chana and potato. Add salt and about 1/4 cup of water. Close the lid and cook for two whistles. Serve hot with Chapattis.
Note : Instead of potato cubes of cottage cheese can be added.
fresh chana is easily available with subziwallas with pods removed. India