2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup grated mooli
1 boiled and mashed potato
1/2 tsp. ginger grated
1 green chilli crushed
1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp. garam masala
salt to taste
oil to shallow fry
1. Make soft dough of wheat flour. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Sprinkle some salt over grated mooli this will release the excess water.
3. After 5 minutes, press and remove all excess water.
4. Mix mashed potato and all other ingredients, except oil.
5. Divide the dough in to equal sized balls.
6. Take one ball at a time and roll into a thick round shape about 4" in
diameter, put a tbsp. of mixture. Bring the ends to the center from 4 or 5 points.
7. Overlap ends so that they do not leave an opening.
8. Press gently, dust with dry flour, and roll them with a rolling pin
to approximately six-inch diameter.
9. Heat a griddle, place parantha on it and cook on moderate heat for three minutes.
10.Turn it and pour half a tablespoon of oil or butter, spread it on
parantha and shallow fry over low heat. Turn it and again pour half a
tablespoon of oil or butter on other side. Cook on low heat till golden brown.
11.Serve hot with plain yogurt, any kind of raita or pickles.
Tip : potato is optional for stuffing.