¾ cup moong dhuli dal
¼ cup urad dhuli dal
2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp kala namak -
1 ½ tsp sugar powder
oil for frying
chopped green coriander leaves
1. Wash and soak the dal in cold water for 3-4 hours. Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Whisk the batter till it becomes lighter.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Drop tablespoons of batter in it and fry until light brown in colour.
3. Remove on tissue paper. Put the bhalle in hot water with 1 tsp salt in it. Leave for few minutes. Squeeze out the water between the palm of your hands.
4. Whisk the yoghurt well. Add kala namak, salt and sugar powder according to taste.
5. While serving first place the squeezed bhalle on a plate and cover it with yoghurt. Sprinkle some red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder. Put some mint chutney and tamarind chutney.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tip : In the bhalle batter few soaked raisins may be added.